Motor vehicle accidents can create a tremendous amount of stress. The process of seeking medical treatment, getting your vehicle repaired, and missing time from work can be overwhelming. At PhillyLawsuit, our job is to alleviate your stress and help you navigate the complex process of getting the financial compensation you deserve.
In addition to car and truck accidents, we also handle cases involving motorcycles, buses, taxis and ubers. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, there are several steps you should take to protect your health and future interests.
STEPS FOR VICTIMS OF MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
- Contact the local police authorities and file an auto accident report. This enables you to create a record of facts soon after the accident and avoid error to help determine the party at fault.
- Receive proper medical care. Call an ambulance if necessary or go to the emergency room immediately after leaving the scene. Because some injuries may not be immediately apparent, it is very important to be examined by a doctor.
- Do not leave the scene without gathering all of the contact information from all those involved such as names, phone numbers, addresses and insurance information. In addition, gather the contact information for any witnesses.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone other than the police, your doctor, or your attorney. Giving statements to insurance companies before speaking with your attorney can hurt your case.
Cases involving motor vehicle accidents are complicated. Your compensation will depend on the amount of medical bills, the negligence of the other driver, and the individual facts and circumstances of your case. The value of a personal injury case is built over time as evidence is gathered and injuries are diagnosed. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Past and future lost earnings
- Past and future physical disability
- Pain and suffering
- Aggravation of a pre-existing condition
- Loss of love and companionship
- Emotional distress
Motor vehicle accident victims often think that hiring a lawyer is expensive. At PhillyLawsuit, we always work on a contingent fee basis, which means that you owe us nothing, unless we obtain a recovery for you. Contact us today for a free consultation.